NSDAR General Fund
With your gift to the NSDAR General Fund, we can support the areas of greatest need in our Society. Whether it is the DAR Museum, the Americana Collection, NSDAR Archives or the DAR Library and Genealogy Department, the General Fund helps to ensure that our home at 1776 D Street remains beautiful, secure and relevant for future generations to enjoy.
Become A Sustaining Supporter
Sign-up NOW to make regular monthly donations to the NSDAR General Fund. Or you can sign up to make donations to one or more of 24 other funds that support vital projects in our Society!
The limited-edition DAR Spring Scarf is 11” x 45”
Click the Give Now button at the top of this page to make an online donation of $25 or more to the NSDAR General Fund and we will send you a limited-edition* commemorative scarf designed especially for DAR as our way of saying “Thank you” for your support.
Or call the Office of Development at (800) 449‒1776 during office hours (M-F, 8:30 a.m.–4 p.m.) to:
- Make your donation to the NSDAR General Fund over the phone
- Check your progress toward the 1890 Annual Giving Circle, Class of 2019
- Check your giving level in the Heritage Club
*Supplies of the DAR Scarf are limited and will not be reprinted.
NSDAR General Fund: our area of Greatest Need
Please consider making an online gift of $25 or more to the NSDAR General Fund to support our National Headquarters. Through your generosity, we are also able to support you, and Daughters all across the country, in your work to honor the goals and legacy set forth by our Founders. Your donation to the General Fund accomplishes so much:
- The General Fund provides support and maintenance for Memorial Continental Hall. Completed in 1910, it is a registered National Landmark.
- The General Fund allows us to maintain and preserve our DAR Museum Gallery and 31 Period Rooms where tens of thousands of Daughters and visitors annually experience American Life from 1690 to the 1930s.
- This NSDAR Fund also provides for the ongoing care of our Americana Collection, where one-of-a-kind documents, newspapers and other writings will continue to inform and enlighten future generations of students and scholars, both in person and through electronic exhibitions and online research materials.
- Our DAR Library is one of the largest, most respected genealogical libraries in the world. Its unique collection of genealogical documents, books, family histories and the talented researchers who work there are supported by your gifts to the General Fund.
- The General Fund helps us protect the more than 30,000 historic portraits, photographs, documents and other precious artifacts, both those on display and those safe guarded in several secure storage areas throughout the complex.
The General Fund is not just about securing our home today, it is about ensuring our longevity—making sure that NSDAR continues to tell these stories in the years and decades to come. That is why we need your support today.
In recognition of your ongoing commitment to the NSDAR General Fund, your donations may be recognized annually through the 1890 Annual Giving Circle.
See the complete list online of members, friends, chapters and states that have achieved recognition in the 1890 Annual Giving Circle, Class of 2018, which is by far the largest class in NSDAR history, with more than 1,250 members!
All General Fund donations also count toward your Heritage Club giving levels.
For more information, or to make a donation by phone please contact the Office of Development toll free at (800) 449‒1776 during office hours (M-F, 8:30 a.m.–4 p.m.), or send us an email inquiry anytime at email@example.com.
If you wish to donate by check, click HERE for a printable donation form (PDF). Please write “DAR SCARF” across the top of the donation form and check the box on page 2 that reads: 3. General Fund.