Make your Year-end Gift to the NSDAR General Fund and support our area of greatest need. Online gifts must be made by midnight on December 31 to count as a charitable tax deduction in 2018!
Become A Sustaining Supporter
Sign up now to make monthly donations to NSDAR as a Sustaining Supporter. All Sustainer donations to the General Fund count toward your 1890 recognition and ALL monthly donations count toward your Heritage Club giving totals.
Not sure how close you are to attaining recognition in the Heritage Club or the 1890 Annual Giving Circle for 2018?
If you know the donation amount needed to attain recognition in the either the Heritage Club or the 1890 Annual Giving Circle, Class of 2018, then you can simply click the “GIVE NOW” button above to make your donation to the NSDAR General Fund online.
If you need to check your giving amount to the NSDAR General Fund for 2018, OR check your cumulative giving for the next level of Heritage Club, you may
- Click HERE to send an email inquiry to the Office of Development (Be sure to include your Name, National Number and whether you are asking about 1890 Annual Giving Circle or Heritage Club)
- Call the Office of Development at (800) 449–1776 during office hours (M–F, 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
NOTE: NSDAR Offices are closed December 24–25 AND December 31–January 1 for the Holidays. We recommend that all phone and email inquiries be made NO LATER THAN 4 p.m. DECEMBER 26 to ensure getting through. Voicemail messages and emails received after 4 p.m. on December 26 through December 28 will be answered in the order in which they were received, but if heavy call and email volumes are experienced, then some calls and emails may not be answered until AFTER January 1.
NSDAR General Fund: Area of Greatest Need
Contributions account for a significant percentage of the NSDAR operating budget, so giving to the General Fund regularly makes an enormous difference in our work.
The General Fund has played a crucial role in our ability to carry out our mission. Gifts to the General Fund provide immediate support for the day-to-day operations of NSDAR Headquarters. Your contributions ensure that we can keep the lights on and the doors open for the nearly tens of thousands of members, visitors and guests that we host annually. These donations also help us protect and care for more than 30,000 historic portraits, photographs, documents and other precious artifacts by providing round-the-clock security and precise temperature and moisture levels at all times to preserve these delicate treasures.
In short, your gift to the NSDAR General Fund is the “life blood” of this organization and helps to move our work forward.
Making a Gift to the NSDAR General Fund at Year-end
For those of you considering a year-end gift to the General Fund, please keep in mind that NSDAR Offices are closed December 24–25 AND December 31–January 1 for the Holidays. If you wish to make a year-end donation or check your year-end giving levels over the phone, we highly recommend that you call our office NO LATER than Wednesday, December 26, to ensure reaching us directly.
Your choices for year-end giving include:
- ONLINE: Click the green “GIVE NOW” button at the top of this page to make an online year-end gift to the NSDAR General Fund any time through midnight December 31.
- PHONE: You may make a year-end gift or check your current giving levels for the 1890 Annual Giving Circle and The Heritage Club over the phone by calling the Office of Development toll-free at (800) 449–1776 during office hours (M-F, 8:30 a.m.–4 p.m.) through December 28.
- MAIL – Checks: Click HERE for a printable form (PDF). Year-end donations sent through the mail MUST BE postmarked no later than December 31 to qualify as a charitable deduction in 2018. Checks should be made out to: Treasurer General, NSDAR. Please be sure to mail all year-end contributions directly to Headquarters as early as possible to ensure arrival by the end of the year: NSDAR, Office of Development, 1776 D Street NW, Washington, DC 20006-5303.
- MAIL – Credit Cards: By law, credit card donations that ARRIVE in our office AFTER January 1, 2019, NO MATTER WHAT DATE IS ON YOUR DONATION FORM, will be charged in 2019 and therefore MUST BE counted as having been MADE in 2019. If you are unsure about having your credit card donation delivered to our office BEFORE December 28 (the last day of mail delivery to NSDAR in 2018), then please consider sending a CHECK in the mail postmarked by December 31, OR call to give us your credit card donation over the phone. Last-minute credit card donations to the NSDAR General Fund may also be made online by clicking the green “GIVE NOW” button at the top of this page.
In recognition of your ongoing commitment to the NSDAR General Fund, your donations may be recognized annually through the 1890 Annual Giving Circle.
See the complete list of members who have achieved recognition in the 1890 Annual Giving Circle, Class of 2017, which is by far the largest class in NSDAR history, with more than 1,100 members!
All General Fund donations also count toward your Heritage Club giving levels.
For more information, or to make a donation by phone please contact the Office of Development toll free at (800) 449‒1776 during office hours (M-F, 8:30 a.m.–4 p.m.), or send us an email inquiry anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: NSDAR Offices are closed December 24–25 AND December 29–January 1 for the Holidays. We recommend that all phone and email inquiries be made NO LATER THAN 4 p.m. DECEMBER 26 to ensure getting through. Voicemail messages and emails received after 4 p.m. on December 26 through December 28 will be answered in the order in which they were received, but if heavy call and email volumes are experienced, then some calls and emails may not be answered until AFTER January 1.