The National Society seeks an On-Call Operations Manager to assist with events in Constitution Hall. Constitution Hall is a National Historic Landmark which has featured events or performances by Yo-Yo Ma, Trevor Noah, Harry Styles, Janet Jackson, Paul Simon, Prince, and Kem, as well as television specials, such as the Not the White House Correspondents’ Dinner, and game shows.
The On-Call Operations Manager will oversee the move-in, set-up, event, and move-out for events in Constitution Hall and ensure that clients will adhere to set rules and regulations. This includes providing general supervision to contracted services (i.e. ushers, security, stagehands). The Operations Manager will also assist in the coordination of the maintenance, renovation, repair and cleaning of the building, and operates HVAC units, in coordination with building engineer.
This position will assist the Technical Director with the control and maintenance of the lighting, sound and video systems and will perform the duties of the Technical Director and Event Coordinator as needed.
- Must have four years of strong experience in either a regional theater, a member of a road crew, event production, or operations; technical planning experience in a concert hall environment required.
- Must be available to work an unconventional work schedule (non-regular hours), including nights, weekends and holidays throughout the year based on the schedule of events.
- Must be familiar with sound and lighting equipment, operation of a concert hall, and planning and operation of events.
- Basic knowledge of the operation of Strong xenon super troupers.
- Must have ability to set up and operate house video system and video camera.
- Ability to work well under pressure, meet multiple deadlines, and adapt to changing priorities.
- Occasional light-medium lifting (up to 30 pounds) and ladder climbing to replace bulbs etc. Must be able to work at heights up to 26’ in manlift. Frequently requires long periods of standing and walking during site visits and events.
For consideration, please submit a cover letter, which should include your salary requirements, and resume to: