The National Society announces an immediate opening for a Curator of Education Outreach in the Museum Department. The Curator reports to the Museum Director/Chief Curator, and works to create and implement museum education programs, with an emphasis on digital engagement, and manage our docent program.
The Curator of Education Outreach will work closely with the Curator of Education to plan and run all internal educational programs, including scout and other public programs. They will also plan and develop docent training and materials and create digital programs for off-site docents.
The Curator will manage all museum social media platforms, including leading social media planning and writing content for all platforms, and to monitor and analyze social media metrics to assess its overall effectiveness. They will also create and maintain digital interactive space in our museum gallery and develop online exhibitions.
- BA or MA in History, Museum Education or Museum Studies.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Previous museum experience in digital education and museum outreach, or docent program management desirable
- Knowledge of current museum education standards and best practices required
- Ability to effectively plan curricula and run educational programs
- Advanced skills in managing, developing and maintaining digital media products; excellent writing and editing content skills for all social media platforms
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships, including working in team situations
- Experience in preparing and managing budgets
- Advanced organizational skills and ability to exercise excellent judgment and discretion
- Knowledge of American history and decorative arts is a plus.
Please send a resume and cover letter, which should include salary requirements, and a sample lesson plan or sample program proposal that includes a digital engagement component for a museum oriented activity related to a museum’s collection to: