This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated Marketing/Communications Professional who is looking to support and grow a newly created department from the ground up within a highly respected organization.
The National Society has a full-time opportunity in our Insignia Office for a Marketing and Communications Coordinator. This position will work with internal staff, senior management as well as national leadership to provide broad, flexible support for all DAR Insignia communications, including developing communication strategies and social media efforts.
The focus will be on the project management and execution of marketing, communications, publicity, image management and special activities/initiatives for DAR Insignia.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Oversees content, quality and style of the DAR Insignia store website, all email marketing communications, social media presence on a variety of platforms, and promotional outreach in collaboration with other internal departments.
- Creates, edits, schedules and updates content on the DAR e-commerce store and all social media platforms (blog, email, social media, etc.)
- Coordinates strategic planning for online social media campaigns.
- Writes and edits content for all DAR Insignia store platforms, as well as other general writing tasks and editing support as needed.
- Gathers information used in supporting and promoting DAR Insignia sales and suggests and develops online features.
- Serves as a project manager for new promotional initiatives, online projects, ecommerce initiatives, databases, advertising, etc. Develops the communication campaign surrounding the launch of these new initiatives.
- Works with internal staff and outside contractors, vendors, and volunteers to develop and maintain technical web tasks and manage deadlines.
- Provides service and support for Conference off-site sales and the DAR annual meeting.
- Minimum three years of experience working in a communications, publications, or media/public relations environment with a concentration or involvement with e-commerce, email marketing and social media.
- Direct experience writing, editing or producing online content or other promotional information and printed materials.
- Knowledge and/or experience using e-commerce, retail, and management systems, HTML, email marketing platforms, social media and other graphic applications like Adobe Photoshop.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks or projects effectively, adapt changing priorities and demonstrate good organization and follow-up capabilities.
- Excellent computer skills in Word, Excel, Photoshop and web applications.
Consideration will only be given to those individuals who submit two writing samples that best demonstrate your knowledge and abilities in marketing and promotional outreach, along with your cover letter and resume.