This brick structure was built in the 1870’s by Arthur Silliman, an early pioneer to the area, who came to Three Rivers in 1847. Near this site a Pottawatomie Indian trail crossed the St. Joseph. The confluence of the St. Joseph, Portage, and Rocky rivers at this site gave Three Rivers its name. Arthur Silliman deeded this property, named “Riversbye” to his daughter Sue in 1914. Sue Silliman was the Three Rivers librarian and historian for forty-two years. During that time she also served on national, state, and local boards of the Daughters of the American Revolution. Before she died in 1945, she left to the people of the area her papers, the books she wrote including St. Joseph In Homespun, her home, and the memory of a life dedicated to the public service.