||The 13th Annual DAR Christmas Open House
||Wednesday, December 10, 2014
|Time:||5:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.|
DAR Memorial Continental Hall,
17th and D Streets, NW, Washington, D.C.
6 blocks south of the Farragut West (Orange/Blue)
or Farragut North (Red) Metro stations
|Telephone:||For groups or special arrangements call|
|Admission:||Free to the public. Reservations are not required.|
|Bring your friends and family to the twelfth annual public holiday open house!
- NEW: In the spirit of the giving season, help us to help those less fortunate. Visitors are encouraged to bring new and lightly used children's books to donate to our DAR Open House book drive.
- Visit the National Christmas Tree across the street at the Ellipse then get out of the cold and join us for refreshments, cookies and a taste of history
- Experience the elegance and Christmas splendor of Memorial Continental Hall, a Registered Historic Landmark
- Tour our 31 period rooms depicting scenes of early American life
- Explore the DAR Museum Gallery and the current exhibition, "Creating the Ideal Home, 1800-1939: Comfort and Convenience in America"
- View other smaller exhibitions on historic Revolutionary War documents as well as famous DAR members
- Enjoy Christmas music, including caroling from area choirs.
- Have a chance to win DAR door prizes
- Get a head start on Christmas shopping at the Museum Shop and DAR Store
Santa is taking time out of his busy schedule to attend the Open House. Coloring books and crayons will be given out to children.
Comments from Past Visitors:
This is our third straight year. We love the most accessible Santa in town!
-Matthew from VA
Beautiful displays – what a gift to the entire DC community.
-Carole from MD
Amazing building so rich with history! It is an honor to be here!
-Jason and Kristie from Washington state
Such a treat to finally see the museum and appreciate the festive occasion.
-Michelle from MD
We try to come every year, it’s always a treat that we combine with a trip to the National Christmas Tree.
-Galen from VA
This is wonderful, what a great way to celebrate the season!
-Matt from DC