This landmark marks part of the Old National Trail carved out by British General Edward Braddock and Lieutenant Colonel George Washington's armies as they left Frederick to battle with the French and Indians at Fort Duquesne in 1755.
Marker Organization: Frederick Chapter, NSDAR
Marker Date: 1924
Marker Text: This boulder marks the National Trail over which traveled Gen. Edward Braddock and Lieutenant Colonel George Washington 1755. Erected by the Frederick Chapter Daughters of the American Revolution 1924.
Acknowledgements: This monument is owned and maintained by the Frederick Chapter, NSDAR. Last year the chapter raised over $38,000 to have the monument moved to its current location which is more accessible to the public.
Form Submitted By: Frederick Chapter, NSDAR 4/6/2010