Sustaining Supporters are Daughters, Chapters and friends of DAR who are some of our most dedicated advocates. Sustaining Supporters care deeply about investing in the work of DAR and do so by contributing each month through automatic monthly gifts via electronic funds transfer (EFT) from their bank account or a credit card charge.
Become a SUSTAINING SUPPORTER today! Click the "Sign-up NOW" button to sign up online – it’s safe, secure and easy to do. Or call the Office of Development at 800-449-1776 to sign up over the phone. (Note: the “Donate Now” area to the right is for one-time donations only, and will not sign you up as a Sustaining Supporter.)
If you are currently a Sustaining Supporter, you may now update your monthly giving profile for Sustaining Supporter online—anytime day or night through our secure website: www.dar.org/SustainerPortal. Please be sure to read all instructions listed on the page before making any updates.
In order to gain access you will need your NSDAR National Number and the same password you use to access the E-Membership portal on the Member’s Site. If you need help to establish or reset your password, just call the Office of Development at (800) 449–1776 during office hours (M-F, 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.) and we will be happy to assist you.
Why Become a Sustaining Supporter?
Your monthly gift provides DAR the necessary resources to continuously support and grow our mission of preserving history for today and tomorrow. Your monthly donation provides a reliable source of revenue to ensure that our nation’s stories are told for generations to come. When you become a Sustaining Supporter, you gain the satisfaction of knowing that you are making a difference for so many each and every day!
Signing up as a Sustaining Supporter makes donating to NSDAR simple and convenient! Plus, you tailor your commitment to meet your needs. Give at one of the suggested levels or create your own by selecting how much you would like to contribute each month. As a Sustaining Supporter, you are also able to divide your monthly gift between any number of different funds.* As an added benefit, if you choose to support the General Fund through your monthly gifts, your Sustaining Supporter contributions could qualify you for recognition in the 1890 Annual Giving Circle.
*Up to 8 different funds, $5 minimum per fund, per month
Benefits of Becoming a Sustaining Supporter
- The program is flexible and easy to join.
- You have complete control over your donations.
- You choose which funds you wish to support. (Up to 8 different funds.)
- Updates and changes can now be made ONLINE, any time, day or night.
- Earning your access to donation recognition pins has never been more convenient.
- The 1890 Annual Giving Circle recognition is easily attainable by ensuring that the minimum donation is met each and every year.
- Donations to America 250: Pathway of the Patriots – Promoter can now be made through Sustaining Supporter.
- All monthly gifts count toward your Heritage Club total AND other recognition pin minimums.
- Being a Sustaining Supporter is the most reliable way to help make a DAR difference and continue the mission of promoting historic preservation, education and patriotism.
- All active Sustaining Supporters earn Chapter Achievement points for your Chapter EVERY YEAR.
Recognizing Your Commitment
We want to thank you for your continuing support of NSDAR through the Sustaining Supporter monthly giving program.
SUSTAINING SUPPORTER PIN: You are eligible to purchase the official Sustaining Supporter pin after the completion of your sign-up and your first automatic gift has been received.
CHARTER MEMBER CHARM: This charm is only available to Sustainers who signed up when the program first began back in 2014. This charm will be added to your pin by Hamilton Jewelers when you place your order.
ANNIVERSARY-YEAR CHARMS: Following the first year of consecutive monthly giving, you will receive the Sustaining Supporter one-year charm. Following the fifth year of consecutive monthly giving, you will receive the Sustaining Supporter five-year charm. After that, you will be eligible for additional charms for uninterrupted monthly giving.
Examples of How the Program Works